Saturday, January 2, 2010

Play Big

By far, my favorite quote of all time ...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel unsure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. As we let our own Light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

- Marianne Williamson -


On the phone the other day a close friend of mine made a comment that really took me back ...

He didn’t plan to at the time, but I’ll admit it … he ruffled my feathers. I only say that because of the reaction I felt inside in response to an innocent comment he made! (And I’m sure he picked up on it too, judging by how quickly the conversation topic changed immediately afterward to something significantly more important, like … the weather!)

He said … Kim, you are one of those people who …” (fill in the blank.)

Don’t remember how he finished the sentence. Don’t think I even listened to how he finished the sentence. Honestly? – I was stuck back at the part where I was being lumped into a random blob of humanity. Blech! (the blob … not the humanity!)

As human beings, we certainly all have the need and desire to ‘belong’ … it’s normal and it’s natural. But as unique spirits - I believe we also have the inherent responsibility to ‘stand up’ and to ‘stand out’. And the more I learn about me, and the more I grow into who I really am inside, the more seriously I take that to idea to heart.

Every person – you, me … the mailman - has the obligation to become a fully-actualized ‘original’ star in this show! And I, frankly, don’t want to be like anyone else. I want to be referred as ‘that crazy lady who writes from her closet’, not just ‘one of those women who posts stuff on the internet’. Do you feel me?

It’s different.

You were put here to do something spectacular and unique, because … if not – if anyone else could be you as well as you can - there would have been no reason to send you in the first place!

You have talents, gifts, passions … that you’ve been reverently entrusted with … to bring into this life and put to good use. You have a mission! You have a purpose! You have … work to do!


You have to get busy!


Have you looked around lately? Ummmm … excuse me … I think someone needs you! I think the whole damn world needs you!

Needs you; needs me – in ALL our glory!!!

So, what are you waiting for!? Want permission to play BIG? … Granted! Get off the bench! Get off the sidelines! Shaking the pom-poms and cheering for the rest of the team just isn’t enough anymore … and you know it.

Pssst … Hey, Beautiful … pick up the ball!

Get in the game!


Until Tomorrow …

Hugs (from the closet),

KimbraLee =)


P.S. - There aren’t two stars in the entire sky that are exactly the same – but they all shine brightly … and not one of them ‘tones it down’ so as not to ‘show up’ the other stars! Puh-leeeeeeze! Get busy and dazzle us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment